Makes: 5 Servings
- 2 lbs raw ground turkey (90% lean or better)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 Tbs light canned coconut milk
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1.5 cups light canned coconut milk
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp red curry sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- You will also need 1 spaghetti squash
- Cook the spaghetti squash in one of 2 ways: 1) Cut in half and bake @ 375 F cut side down on a baking sheet until soft (about 45 mins) OR 2) Cut in half and place cut side down with 1/4 cup water in glass baking dish in microwave. Cover and seal with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 7-10 mins until soft. After the squash is cooked, use a fork to separate the strands into a bowl. Note: if you are using the microwave method, there will be extra water in the squash. Separate strands into a colander and let strain before use.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl and mix (using your hands is the best way!)
- Divide mixture into 5 equal parts and roll each of the parts into 4 equally sized meatballs. Place all 20 meatballs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place meatballs in a preheated 375 F oven. Bake for about 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a saucepan on medium-low heat. Whisk to combine completely. Cook on a simmer until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Serve meatballs on a base of spaghetti squash and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy!